Retinitis Pigmentosa With High Myopia & Its Ayurvedic Treatment
Retinitis Pigmentosa is defined as degeneration in retina or dystrophy. Mostly cases cause of Retinitis pigmentosa is hereditary but in our practice we saw a lot of cases in which no family history of this disease.
- Initial symptoms is Night Blindness gradually loss of vision in dim light and night, like difficulty in stepping of leder and patient ignore the condition because they do not know the condition of this type problems.
- Loss of Peripheral vision because mainly Rod cells of retina are degenerated in early stages and rod cells are responsible for dim light vision and peripheral vision, so initial symptoms are found in that areas.
- Tunnel vision, when all rod cells are damaged only cones and some rods cell are present then found tunnel vision, the person only seen straight like Horse (when a eye cap is apply).
- Floaters may be seen in front of eyes due to degeneration part not able transfer signals to brain.
- complete blind, this condition is develops in most advanced stages (10-40 yrs duration of disease)
- In later stages some patients complained colorful appearance like rainbow or single color whole day like yelow, blue etc.